Skype offers audio calls for free of charge to anyone who uses also Skype. IMs and file deliveries are also free.
Video calls between two people are free but including more people in to a videoconference requires monthly payment. Skype enables also calling on dial-up and sending SMS, these services are paid although considered fairly economical.
Skype is provided by Microsoft Corporation.
- Applicable law: not presented
- Personal data will not be given to third parties except for rare occasions (but no marketing purposes)
- Technical functioning is considered to be good and liable
- Traffic encryption is considered to be liable
- Skype Communications SARL is registered in Luxemburg and according to Microsoft it is answering local legislation
- / Tailored advertising can be opt-out but it does not include all advertisement
- Changes in Terms of Service announced only on Skype's Internet site
- Little known of the encryption methods and keys
- Microsoft`s obligation to give information to the USA intelligence officers
- Gathers much confidential information about the user
- Skype traffic uses proxy servers. Proxies are located in all around the world.
- With service registration
- , Microsoft account
- or Facebook account
- Skype Communications SARL, a division of Microsoft Corp.
- Apple iMessage, Google+