Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos.
Instagram is one of Facebook Corporations services.
- http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/ & https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- standard contractual clauses are approved by the European Commission and rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers from the EEA to the United States and other countries.
- https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511 & https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/
- Applicable law: EU district and EU member states law, otherwise Ireland or USA
Evaluation (11 Dec December 2018)
- Handy tool to share pictures and videos. Widely used
- Service collects your shared content (pictures, comments)
- Service provider is located outside of Finnish Act for Privacy of Electronic Communications
- Service collects lot of information about user, usage and used device, also location data
- User gives consent to process data thru Instagram and Facebook settings
- Face Recognition is used if user allows it
- User can remove his/her profile which deletes data stored in service. Notice! Content shared to other users will not be removed from the service
- Account can be userid, mobilephone number or email-address. Also Facebook account is possible.
- Under EU/ETA district Facebook Ireland Limited