Instructions for the electronic examination called Exam
Read the instructions carefully before signing up for the examinations.
1. Signing up for your EXAM
- Use Firefox- or Chrome (not IE)
- Prefer your own computer for enrolling
- If using a public computer, remember to clear browsing data
- Sign up system with your university account
- During your first registration, you must accept The Code of Conduct of an Electronic Exam.
- After signing up, use the enrollment link if you got from the teacher
- Find and select the exam you want to take.
- Book a suitable timeslot from the rooms.
- Calendar shows you the available times.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Pay attention to the number of the computer (e.g. EXAM5), this is the computer you must use
- You can change or cancel your reservation before your exam takes place. Please cancel your reservation on time so that others can use it.
- You may make a new reservation after your previous exam has been checked by the teacher
- You can delete or change your registration before the exam starts, if needed. However, do this as soon as possible to make it available for others.
- If you have special needs concerning electronic exams, follow your university's instructions.
2. Instructions for the exam room
Remember that it is required to have total silence at the examination room. The rules apply when you step in to the room even if your exam has not yet started. Electronic exam differs from the normal exam because it is supervised by cameras and done on computers. That is why there are more strict rules about how to act during your exam.
Before entering the exam
- Before entering the examination class room, leave all your belongings outside.
- The only thing you have to take with you to exam room is your student identification card. You are not allowed to bring jacket, phone, calculator, dictionary, books, pens, paper. This also includes snacks or water bottle. Note! Only if the lockers are all booked, you can place you belongings near the entrance inside the exam room.
- You can start you exam anytime within your reserved timeslot. However, if you come late, your time available for the exam is shorter. If you enter the room late, be considerate to other students. The usual ½ hour rule for entering and leaving the exam doesn’t apply here.
- You have to enter the exam room with your access card. It is associated to your identification so remember to use it even when you could enter together with someone. This access card information will be connected to your exam and to camera surveillance record for identification.
- Find the right computer and follow the instructions by the computer. If you try to start the exam on a wrong machine, there will be a notification and information about the right one.
- You must be able to present a proof of identity when you enter or leave the room and also afterwards.
- There is a recording camera surveillance system in the exam room which is used to supervise students taking the exam. Records may also be checked afterwards if there is any reason to suspect cheating.
Be sure to attach any attachments before you finish the exam
- Remember to save the exam before closing the browser.
House rules for the exam room
- You are not allowed to leave the exam room before completing the exam. (No toilet visits!)
- You are not allowed to talk with other students in the exam room.
- Do not walk or move unnecessarily during your exam.
- There is no technical support available during exams. If there is problem with your computer or e.g. fire alarm, leave the room and report the problem. You will be offered a new exam.
Remember that sanctions will always be imposed against any student who is found in breach of examination regulations.