- Terms of service: https://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/terms-of-service
- Tumblr community guidelines: https://www.tumblr.com/policy/community
- Applicable law: USA, specific state not defined
- Subscriber (user) retain ownership to his/her content, so ownership is not transferred to the service owner.
- Subscribers preserves a reasonal privacy, even though user name and email address are shared by default. The user is able to change visibility of the email address and take his/her own blog from public lists.
- Changes in Terms of Service are posted in the service and possibly with email.
- The service is based on public sharing of content, which emphasises the need of consideration when sharing content. This is also expressed in Terms of the Service.
- Tumblr reserves the right to reshare public content uploaded to the service and to perform analytics with third parties.
- A Tumblr account must be created. Anonymous browsing of content is however possible.
- A link to support request form is on the main page of the service.
- Oath Inc., USA