iCloud is Apple's cloud synchronizing service. It works between several platforms such as iOS, OS X, Windows. Service allows user to store data on remote computer servers.
- The laws and courts of place of residence are applied for Citizens of European Union country or Switzerland, Norway or Iceland.
Apple iCloud is a service for iOS devices back-up copying. “iClouds” picture streaming allows pictures utilization in many devices at the same time. It is also made easy to synchronize multiple calendars through the service. PDF documents synchronized also well between laptop, iPhone and iPad through iCloud.
To be able to use the service iCloud requires at least knowing your name, home address and credit card information.
When using full synchronization lot of information is revealed about the user to Apple. Information such as emails, passwords, settings, pictures, apps, videos, contacts, text messages, browser history etc.
After termination of the account user content will be deleted in some period of time.+ Ownership
- Ownership of the material remains to user
- Easy synchronization, including Safari tabs, iBooks and iTunes purchases
- Broken “i device`s” information and settings are easily returned in to a new device.
- + Opt-out possibility for being on a mailing list
- + Apple does not share personal data with third parties for their marketing purposes
- Personal information required to be able to use the service including credit card information
- Full synchronization reveals large amount of information about the user, including emails, SMS, passwords, apps, pictures, videos, contacts, bowser history ...
- Personal and non-personal data are used for marketing purposes
- Apple reserves copyright for material made public or available to other users
- Relocating to another “ecosystem” can be quite challenging
- has no responsibility over lost, corrupted or otherwise violated data due to the hacking, viruses or any other information security issue
- Users have to take care of backups by themselves
- Apple ID
- Apple Inc.
- Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Ubuntu One, Google Drive