Recommended, widely used service in Finnish Universities. () The service is produced entirely in EU or ETA area. There are now special requirements for processing of personal information. (Read more)
Funet FileSenderFunet FileSender is a browser-based application that allows authenticated users to share large files up to several gigabytes to other users.
Free to use for all HAKA users / users of FUNET network. Non-HAKA users may share files with a help of an upload voucher from a HAKA user. The service is not suitable for sending confidential files without encryption.
- Terms of service are visible in the service after login:
Evaluation (7 March 2019)
- Funet FileSender is generally a secure application provided by CSC. However, the service is not suitable for sending confidential files without encryption.
- Files will be removed from the service after a certain period so the service is not suitable for storing files. Personal data is stored for three months and after that the data is anonymized. Personal data is not regularly disclosed to third parties.
- Service locates in Finland, good level of information security level
- Allows sending of extremely large files
- Files can be sent also to users outside FUNET network
- Personal data not regularly disclosed to third parties
- It is possible to send several files at a time
- It is possible to encrypt files with a password. The sender must deliver the password to recipient with a different service than email, typically with a SMS message.
- / Files will be removed from the service after a certain period
- With a HAKA, eduGAIN or Kalmar account.
- Check if your organisation's IT support provides support for this service.
- CSC - IT Center for Science